Monday, August 9, 2010

Dreams of a Big Tent Christianity
















I'm no Martin Luther King and I'm actually on vacation right now but here are a few thoughts nonetheless:


I dream of a Christianity that is rediscovering its identity in Jesus and in Him alone



I dream of a Christianity that is open and welcoming to all who seek a place to be loved and to belong



I dream of a Christianity that is fearless in facing its own brokenness and need of healing


I dream of a Christianity that is known for its sacrificial love and its positive message instead of its political ambitions and its moral taboos


I dream of a Christianity that can speak and minister with one voice to the urgent needs all around us


I dream of a Christianity that can celebrate its denominational differences instead of erecting walls of suspicion and exclusion



I dream of a Christianity that is passionate about communicating and demonstrating God's reconciliation of all of humanity



I dream of a Christianity that is able to approach internal conflicts with much humility and grace



I dream of a Christianity that is captured by the magnificence of God rather than the magnitude of our problems


I dream of a Christianity that inspires hope, raises curiosity, and shines as a beacon of light in the darkest places


I dream of a Christianity that openly confesses our dependence on each other and its desperate need for God's guidance and wisdom



I dream of a Christianity that listens intently, seeks mutual understanding and is bold in rethinking its own traditions


For other contributions to the Big Tent Christianity synchroblog, see the complete list here!
blog comments powered by Disqus