
After my series of recent blog posts some may wonder what the fuss is all about and whether it's even necessary or possible to explore what our deepest problem is and how exactly God is solving it.
I can make this short and sweet. If we get wrong who God is and what we are, we won't come to Him and receive life (John 5:37-40). We'll remain stuck in death. And we will cause others to be influenced in such a way that they will remain stuck in death as well (Matthew 23:13).
Hate complexity? I'm sorry but life is quite complex and so are our thought patterns.
Want a simpler, shorter summary of the Gospel that says everything we really need to know? Here it is:
"Jesus LOVES me, this I KNOW
for the Bible TELLS me so,
little ones to Him BELONG,
they are weak but HE IS STRONG!"
I could go through this kids' song word by word and line by line to point out the divine perspective and talk about the unchanging nature of the truth of God's love, His communication of love to His beloved creation, how important the mental aspect of KNOWING is in order to have an unmovable foundation and robust sense of belonging, and how all of this overcomes the weakness of our own imagination, our doubts and ignorance, our own lack of love ... but you can do that very easily on your own without my help.
