Saturday, February 21, 2009

Different kinds of God's "presence"



"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there!" (Psalm 139:7-8)

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them" (Matthew 18:20)

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)


I'd like to hear your feedback on the following questions: What do we mean or picture when we speak of the presence of the Lord? How would that presence be distinguished from the omnipresence of God (the fact that He already is everywhere present)? How would that relate to the indwelling presence of Christ in the believer? Does the Lord's presence in Communion add anything to those other forms of presence? And finally: is God really absent in hell?
blog comments powered by Disqus