
It's been an awfully long winter again up here in Alberta but today it really felt like spring for the first time. We still have tons of snow lying around but the sky was blue, the sun was hot, and the snow is starting to melt away.
It's days like this that energize you and make you feel fully alive again. The signs that the chilling cold is coming to an end are all around us and it's an awesome feeling!
I know we shouldn't get too hung up on feelings since they come and go all the time (just like the seasons), but hey - I'll gladly enjoy the good times while they last and thank God for them!
In a similar way, I believe that the signs of the coming kingdom and small glimpses of future glory are all around us. It may just be a little harder to see and perceive them because we get so hung up and focussed on the negative. But faith, hope and love are far from being extinct and I want to learn to see and appreciate more the evidence of God's Spirit moving among and within people.
Even while we are sleeping, God is at work all around the world and nothing can stop every single one of His promises from coming true!
Think about it and be encouraged!
It's days like this that energize you and make you feel fully alive again. The signs that the chilling cold is coming to an end are all around us and it's an awesome feeling!
I know we shouldn't get too hung up on feelings since they come and go all the time (just like the seasons), but hey - I'll gladly enjoy the good times while they last and thank God for them!
In a similar way, I believe that the signs of the coming kingdom and small glimpses of future glory are all around us. It may just be a little harder to see and perceive them because we get so hung up and focussed on the negative. But faith, hope and love are far from being extinct and I want to learn to see and appreciate more the evidence of God's Spirit moving among and within people.
Even while we are sleeping, God is at work all around the world and nothing can stop every single one of His promises from coming true!
Think about it and be encouraged!
